Search This Blog

Thursday 24 February 2011

Gettin' My Head Back In The Game.....


Just getting back into the swing of blogging and BAPPing for module 2. It's seems to have taken a while for me to get my head around the whole thing and I haven't posted much but I have been making notes in my journal about possible lines of inquiry and hopefully I will set up my own SIG very soon.
I've been spending time reading others questions and getting involved in the discussions. There seems to be lots of good discussions and it's very interesting to read and involve myself with what others have to say on all the different inquiry's.
There seems to be lots to read and take in on this module and as I was unable to go to the first 2 open days due to other commitments it all seems rather overwhelming but I'm ploughing through it all. Decided this week need to get started so look out for blogs and comments and SIGs happening! 


I have been mainly trying to get work which has involved endless trips to the capital for auditions but I am pleased to say I have my next job and will be flying out to Corfu at the end of April to join a dance company for 6 months but have to learn 8 shows before then during April rehearsals.
Just a word to any doubters of how improtant face to face networking can be as we discussed in the last module - this contract came out of meeting someone at an audition who put me in touch with a dance company and choreographer and I was called to audition. Without that connection I would not have known about the company or the job. I was really thrilled and the credits and cv's of some of the other dancers left me in awe but not only am I to join the troupe but I have been given a lead role fronting one of the shows and I am currently learning the lyrics to 11 songs!


I will hopefully be at the next campus session on 17th March before I go but I am concious I need to get well on the way with this module and get my head back in the BAPP game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment