Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 March 2011

So, my bum does look big in this?!
or is it a case of mistaken identity?

Thought I would just share this little anecdote..............................
yesterday I was doing a final audition for a role in a new musical show to tour Europe from January 2012.............
we were put through our paces all day and learned several different routines which were showreeled.......... the choreographer said "I chose people for this audition because they looked so attractive in their headshots"................. the dancer next to me said, "I would prefer to have been picked for my ability!"
(actually all those present yesterday were very good but it does take the edge off I suppose).

We were given costumes to wear for the filming of the promotional showreel which all the girls had to pin themselves in because they were far too big.


At 6.30pm after a full day of dancing and singing  from 10am and filming a promotional showreel the casting director told us we had the job and he would email us the finer details.


Turning to me and another dancer the choreographer said, "Oh and by the way before rehearsals start in November you both need to lose 5 kilos, your bums are too big!"

Turning to me she said , "You look much thinner in your showreel!"

What showreel? I don't have one!?!

Argh !?! Don't you just love showbusiness  !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment